- Flat-fit design for absolute comfort
- Reinforced, flexible petal-thin silicone conforms to the body shape
- Double rim to prevent leaking
- Features a ribbed tab for slip-free removal
- Easy to insert
- Can be worn for mess-free period sex
- Up to 12 hours of protection
- Healthy for your body: no odour, irritation or dryness
- Suitable for light to heavy flow
- Reusable and eco-friendly
- Available in two sizes
- Made from 100% medical-grade silicone
Size A: Recommended for people with a low cervix or those new to menstrual discs. Suitable for a light to heavy flow.
Size B: Recommended for people with a higher cervix. Suitable for a light to heavy flow.
Learning to use your Ziggy Cup 2 will take some practice at first, but with repeated use, it will become easier and more comfortable.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water before using your Ziggy Cup 2.
- Before first use, fully submerge your Ziggy Cup™ 2 in boiling water for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Sit or squat over the toilet and relax your vaginal muscles. You can also apply some water-based lubricant to the vaginal opening for added comfort.
- Locate the back rim of the cup, and hold this end closest to you.
- Use your thumb and forefinger to squeeze the sides of the rim together to form a figure 8.
- Insert the back rim of the cup first and use your index finger to push the cup as far inside as is comfortable. Angle the cup back and slightly down so the rim moves behind your cervix.
- Tuck the front rim up behind your pelvic bone to correctly position the cup around your cervix to collect your flow.
You can wear Ziggy Cup 2 for up to 8 hours. We recommend that you empty
your cup 3-4 times per 24 hour period - or more frequently for heavier flows.
Depending on your menstrual flow, you will become more familiar with how often you need to empty your cup.
- To remove, wash your hands and sit in a slightly squatting position, i.e. over the toilet.
- Relax your body, insert your finger and hook it behind the front rim of the cup. Hook it behind the front of the cup by the ribbed tab for slip-free removal.
- Gently pull the cup out while keeping it horizontal to avoid spillage.
- Discard your menstrual fluid into the toilet, wash your cup thoroughly, and
reinsert. If it is not possible to clean your cup, you may reinsert it without
washing as long as your hands are clean.
Cleaning and Care
Cleaning and storing your Ziggy Cup™ 2 properly will ensure that it lasts longer. Replace your cup if you notice any cuts, punctures, or a sticky/oily film forming on the silicone. Slight discolouration is normal and may occur over time. This will not affect the function or safety of the Ziggy Cup™ 2.
First Use: Fully submerge your Ziggy Cu 2 in boiling water for 5 to 8 minutes. Do not boil dry.
Regular Use: Wash your Ziggy Cup™ 2 before and after each use with
either mild soap and hot water or a purpose-made cleaner. Rinse thoroughly to remove any soap or cleaner residue as this may cause irritation. For more thorough cleaning, boil your cup as frequently as you like. If you have no access to water (in a public bathroom) just empty, wipe your cup out with tissue and reinsert. You can wash it at the next convenient time.
Store your Ziggy Cup™ 2 in the provided ultra-hygienic storage fabric pouch.
- Do not use harsh cleaners, petroleum-based substances, tea tree oil, alcohol, or bleach to clean your Ziggy Cup™ 2.
- Ziggy Cup 2 is not a contraceptive and will not prevent pregnancy and/or Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Discontinue use and contact a medical practitioner if you experience any pain or discomfort while using Ziggy Cup 2.
- Do not use Ziggy Cup 2 if you have had TSS in the past.
- It’s recommended that the insertion time does not exceed 8 hours.
- Ziggy Cup 2 should only be used during menstruation.
- Keep out of reach of children and animals.
- Do not expose your Ziggy Cup 2 to open flames.
Toxic Shock Syndrome: TSS is a rare but serious disease that may be fatal and has been linked to high absorbency and prolonged use of tampons. Symptoms can include sudden high fever, vomiting, diarrhoea, dizziness, fainting, and a rash like a sunburn. If you have any of these signs while using Ziggy Cup™ 2, remove it and contact your doctor immediately. Women who have experienced toxic shock syndrome should not use any form of internal protection, including menstrual cups. Ziggy Cup™ 2 is intended for use during menstruation only. Make sure to clean your hands and your cup thoroughly before and after each use, with warm water and soap.